Painted Desert

Painted Desert

Friday, March 13, 2020

Lost Trip to Unnamed Wilderness, Unspecified Day

I never did put up photos from one of the trips I took this summer. This was a trip in late August with a friend; I won't name the location, because it's a lovely spot that still gets relatively few visitors and perhaps it can remain that way for a while longer.

Abundant fresh raspberries on the way in


Blueberries


There were moose at the lake where we stopped for the night.

Moose-watching from hammock

J trying to get some relaxation time in. It was a chilly, blustery trip overall, more fall-like than summer-like.


It can be hard to get out of one's tent in the morning, especially pre-sunrise







There had been so much snow the previous winter, some areas were still getting out from under it. These particular flowers usually appear in June or early July just as the snow retreats. Here, they were appearing in late August.




I promise I did not arrange these bugs. I found them this way.






My hips look really narrow in this photo, but it's just the green stripes on the sides of my shorts blending in with the grass.

J and I. We had two different people ask us if we were sisters.

J is way ahead of me because I keep stopping to take photos.




Porcupine sighting! Only my second in the wild, and first in Colorado.

We had brought our suits in the hope of taking a dip, but it was way too cold. Thankfully there were still plenty of raspberries to pick on the way out.

I have more travel plans coming up, but it remains to be seen whether they will happen with the coronavirus issues. See you next time, whenever that is!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Lovely pictures, new bathing suit.

Love,

Mom